The number one question, when getting starting is: "Why when entering data is it not being saved or I can't seem to add but one record and it's not saved when I exit the program." The answer: "Click on the (Add New Record Button) on the toolbar at the top for each new record. It's a button with a (Green Plus Sign) on it. Also don't forget to click on the (Save button)."
1) What can I do with Daycare 2008?
2) What kind of Reports can I print? - Reports
can be printed by groups or individuals.
3) How hard is Daycare 2008 to use? - Daycare 2008 is a Windows based software program that was designed originally for a medium sized daycare. The programmer and manager of the daycare meet together and analyzed other daycare software programs. One of the biggest things found was that most daycare software programs had to many features that were to hard to understand. So Daycare 2008 was designed up front with ease of use in mind. Easy to use features were implemented such as Auto-Fill. For example, when entering parent information, you can automatically update the emergency contact information with a click of a button, with the parent's data, if you decide they are the same. Daycare 2008 comes with easy to use pull down list "Lookup Lists" so that you can easily find a child, program, charge type or staff person. There are navigation buttons to quickly move through records. Each form "screen" will have easy to understand buttons such as "Add New Record, Delete Record, Print Report, etc..." The other thing that makes Daycare 2008 easy to use is it is setup with basic features. "Child Records, Programs, Charges, Staffing, Child Activities, Child Schedule, Child Accounts, Pay Bills, & Reports". We feel that Daycare 2008 will meet most daycare needs, but we are always open to ideas. If you think of an improvement, send us an e-mail & if we think it will benefit others, then we may very well add that feature in the next release. Try it for yourself and download the free trial version.
4) Does Daycare 2008 do general accounting? - No. Currently Daycare 2008 is not a general accounting program, but it will record all of your income & expenses, which you can provide to your accountant. It will even print a "Profit & Loss Statement". We are currently considering adding a general accounting module to Daycare 2008. Daycare 2008 will track all income and expenses and a secondary accounting program would probably not be needed. We have currently added a chart of accounts feature so that general ledger codes can be used for income and expenses.
In 1913,replica bags founded the first boutique in the heart of Milan,Italy,and the founder replica watches uk designed Mario Prada's fashionable and high quality replica watches ,suitcases,gucci fake and replica bags.One of the hermes replica ,the other is gucci replica .
5) What kind of support will I receive? - We believe that you are the boss. If you have a problem, first we ask that you check the manual for a solution. If you still need help, then please contact us at email@example.com and we will assist you in any way that we can, be it installation, using the program or network problems. We also recommend purchasing pcAnywhere, which is remote control software. This program will allow us to dial in to your computer "per your authorization" and provide direct program updates and direct support as though we were there with you. This program sells for a little over $100. If you are interested in this program, please give us a call & we can help you order it or give you a list of companies that sell it. It's not necessary, but we recommend it. Phone support is normally provided in the evenings or on the weekends. You may call us to make an appointment. Normally we can call you the same day. E-Mail support is normally provided within the hour.
6) Can I try Daycare 2008 before buying it? - Yes. Daycare 2008 is actually shareware. We have a trial version that you can download or we will mail you a copy "free of charge" for you to try for 30 days. If you like it, then you can buy it.
7) Does Daycare 2008 have import capabilities from other programs? - No. But if you purchase Daycare 2008 & provide us with a list of your child records, program records, charge types, & staff names. Then we will import & deliver a ready to go copy of Daycare 2008, with your data, at no additional charge. We do ask that the information is provided on a floppy disk, in a spreadsheet file, database file or word-processing file. We prefer file formats such as Excel or Lotus 123. DayCare 2008 now has it's own Export/Import module for transferring to other files types such as Excel or Lotus. It also has the ability to export its own file types for transferring data to other computers. Click here for more information.
10) How many records can I enter into Daycare 2008? - For the most part, unlimited. For transaction file types, such as accounts & activities, the limit is based on your harddrive. The only limit is the child master file "where you initially setup your children". This limit is based on what plan you purchase. For more information, click here.
11) I noticed the trial version has sample records, such as children, programs and charges. Can I put my own programs or charges in the program? - Yes. This is only sample data. You can put your own programs and charges in to meet your daycare's needs. The trial version will limit the number of records you can input.
12) When looking at records, why do date formats only show 19 and not 1999? DayCare 2008 is Y2K compliant and is designed to display a 4 digit year, but Windows 95 or 98, maybe set only to display a 2 digit year. To change Windows to display the 4 digit year: Double click on "My Computer", Double click on "Control Panel", Double click on "Regional Settings", Choose the "Date" tab, and then set the short date style to display a four digit year. Even if you don't do this, you can still enter 2 or 4 digit year into DayCare 2008 & it will know which is which.
13) What if DayCare 2008 does not quite meet my needs. Do you have anything else to offer? - Yes. We can provide custom changes or additions at reasonable prices. Normally this can be from $25 to $100 depending on your needs. Give us a call at (573) 200-6757 for more information. Also if you have a good idea for the program, many times we will add it the program, with no additional cost to you.
14) What about support and upgrades? The first year is free for support and upgrades. You can call or e-mail for assistance.
15) When I print checks for bills or payroll, they do not match my computer checks. What can I do? Contact us & let us know what type of check you are using. If necessary you can send us a sample voided check & we will adjust the check printing to match your check. This is a free service.
16) Can I just print one child on a report? Yes. When you select most reports from the menu, a criteria box will appear, where you can enter the child's id no. This will single out just this child on the report. Tip. When you are entering or viewing the actual data, click on the report button on that form. It will ask if you want to print just that child. Each form, uses the report associated with the data you are viewing. For example: If you are viewing child accounts. The report button will print the child account report "for all or just the child you are viewing".
17) I need more help getting started? Please call us at (573) 200-6757 and we will setup a time to personally guide you through the program. We currently do not charge to provide one on one phone support, that helps you get things setup and going for your daycare.
18) I do not see programs or charges like the ones I provide? The data in the trial version, is example data only. The thing to understand, is Daycare 2008 is not predefined. If it were, then every daycare would have to do things our way. But that's not the way things work. Instead Daycare 2008 is setup so that you enter "your own charges" & "your own programs" the way you do things. This provides power and flexibility to managing your daycare records.
19) When entering data, I will enter a child id number. Why doesn't the child's name appear immediately? Anytime you are entering data in one of the spreadsheet style views "list or table", the record must be completed before the name will appear. If you use a child pulldown list to select the child, then that child's name will appear immediately. Or if you do a right mouse click on the "Add button" to issue a save, then the child's name will appear. Basically, as you are entering data in this type of view "list or table", the child's name will automatically appear when you complete the record. The record is completed, simply by moving from one row to another row or by issuing a save.
20) I need to quickly enter children as they come in or leave my facility. Is there a way to do this? Yes. There is a "Receive/Dismiss" feature. Basically this feature at a click of a button, will popup a child list. You then simply double click on a particular child's name & they will be automatically posted to "Attendance/Activity" records, with the current Date, Time & that child's default information, such program id & staff id. Also we have a new separate Parent/Child Time Clock Program that is free when you purchase DayCare 2008. Click here for more information.
21) I would like to post all child account billings at one time. Is this possible? Yes. The account scheduler allows you to setup a billing schedule for each child's account. You can then post each week, or month or whatever frequency you use to automatically bill all scheduled children. This eliminates having to enter each child's bill, instead you simply post & repost each week. The schedule can be edited each week as needed. New reference numbers and dates can be automatically filled in before you post the schedule. You also can automatically generate child billings directly from attendance records. Go to the Options menu, choose Post & then choose Accounts. You will be able to generate billings for any date range.
22) What about payroll? Our older versions thru 2008 have payroll.
23) Does DayCare 2008 handle the government food program? No. We recommend you take a look at Nutrikids at www.nutrikids.com. An excellent supplemental program to DayCare 2008.
24) Can you send reports via the internet or e-mail? DayCare 2008 currently does not have an e-mail or internet component. But there is a Free 3rd party program that is very easy to use that will allow you to print any report out of DayCare 2008 and send it as e-mail to others. The program is called Hotsend. Click here to visit Hotsend's website where you can download this Free program. www.hotsend.com. We like this program a lot and use it all the time for sharing reports and information with others.
25) I could like to create my own reports? DayCare 2008 does not provide a report writing module, but there are 2 alternatives. One is to use the Export/Import module and send a report to a spreadsheet file. Click here for more information about the Export/Import module. Or you can purchase a 3rd party report writer. We recommend R & R Report Writer. This report writer will allow you create your own reports based on DayCare 2008 data. Click here to visit the R & R website. www.livewarepub.com. UPDATE: Try our "List Report Writer". Free to download from our download page. We also do custom reports that plug into the program.
26) Will DayCare 2008 handle multiple daycares? Yes. We have different plans for those companies that need to manage multiple daycares within the same program. Check our pricing plans, and you'll find it very affordable compared to buying multiple copies of DayCare 2008 or other daycare software programs. Each child master record and staff master record has a location field. The child master record - location field is visible only in the trial version. When you purchase DayCare 2008, the location field becomes enabled and will allow you to enter location numbers depending on your registration number.
27) Sometimes I get an error message "that a record is in use by another"? This normally happens when you have records open "such as child accounts" and you are trying to print. To correct this problem, make sure you click on the "Save" button "if you have added or edited records", before printing. When a record is added or edited, a temporary lock is placed on the record. By clicking on the save button "or by navigating to a different row or record", the lock is released. If you receive this error, click on the "ignore button" & then click on the "save button" & then try & print again. You also may need to go into "Company Setup", & then "Settings" & turn Off "Advanced Printing". If you do this, you will need to close & reopen the program. Printing reports from the menu will also eliminate this problem. Many reports have additional options, if you print from the menu as well.
28) What if I get dumped out of the program? If you get totally dumped out of the program, it is highly recommended that you restart your computer, before using DayCare 2008 again. You may also need to Service Databases, from the Tools menu after restarting.
29) Why is DayCare 2008 so affordable? Many daycare software programs cost $1,200.00 to $1,500.00, yet DayCare 2008 can cost as little as a tenth of that amount ", and even less, depending on which plan you buy". The reason DayCare 2008 is so inexpensive is that it is shareware "software that you try before you buy". The Trial Version is actually the full program but only works 30 times and limits the number of children you can enter, until you purchase the program and receive a registration number that allows you to enter additional children and works without any limitations. MapleSoft Enterprises is not a hug corporation like Microsoft or IBM and does not provide fancy shrinkwrapped packaging. But yet DayCare 2008 still does just about everything you could possible need to manage your facility and it is professionally written by a programmer who's been in the computer business for over 20 years. Even though we are a small company we are determined to provide a quality program that will meet your needs. No we don't have a huge staff, And No you won't receive a pretty 1000 page manual, But you will receive an easy to use program, a manual that you can view "And Print" via your web browser and you can contact us for support if needed. With the internet providing so much inexpensive software and even free software, we feel that we should provide a program that is affordable to everyone. We can still make money without the overhead and you can still have a program that will more than get the job done for you. DayCare 2008 is being used by Daycares all over the county, from Alaska to Missouri to Texas. Give it a try. Ask us any questions you might have and we think you'll like our product.
30) I have been encountering errors. Are there any fixes available? Yes, we recommend that you check our bug list. Many times an update is already available that you can download from our website or request a disk or cd via mail. Click here to check our current bug list. If you find a bug, please report it to us or if you need assistance in using our software, please contact us for support or training.
31) What computer programming language is DayCare 2008 written in? Visual dBase - click here for details. Visual dBase and dB2K are powerful oop, database, network and internet programming languages. Many programmers are turning to this language to develop 16-bit and 32-bit Windows based programs.
32) Will DayCare 2008 do everything for me? No. Like any business, it takes time, organization and management. If you take some time to learn how to use DayCare 2008, it will be a management tool that will assist and help.
33) When I request support or information via your website or via email, why does support not answer me back? When you request support or information, we will answer you back via email. If you have not provided us with a valid email address, then we will not be able to reply to your requests. If you specifically request that we phone you, we will do so, normally within a day or so.
34) What's your refund or return policy? You can download or request a CD free of charge to try out any of our programs "before actually purchasing the product". Because of this we normally do not provide refunds. Try the product first for up to 30 times, if you like it, purchase it. If not, let us know how we can improve the program to meet your needs. If possible, we'll add your requests in the next upgrade.